- Provide calm, safe and secure conditions so that the children feel free to learn and grow
- Ensure predictable routines and clear boundaries so that the children experience stability
- Acknowledge children and listen to them, because that tells them they are important to someone
- Help children learn about their feelings, and demonstrate how we as adults manage our own feelings and behaviors responsibly
- As adults, support them when they are upset, tired or angry
- Give children unstructured time to play and learn at their own pace
The early years of a child are crucial for learning and development. At Chickadees nursery school we aim to fill these years with a love for learning, fun and special memories for the children, their parents and families.