MiaInc’s Top 5 Summer Skin Tips
As you prepare to show more skin, get ready to face the sun’s rays with our top 5 summer skin tips!
- Exfoliate for clearer, smoother skin. Exfoliation removes dead skin debris to prevent congestion and improve hydration from toners and moisturizers. Tip: Make-up will last longer on an exfoliated skin!
Don’t forget: After you exfoliate, follow with a hydrating body cream to seal in moisture, and always shield freshly exfoliated skin with an SPF (as recommended by the FDA).
- Keep skin hydrated. Up your regimen’s level of hydration with intensive masques during facials. Toners are also refreshing moisturizer prep, working to even out skin porosity. Tip: Refresh with a revitalizing toner spritz at your desk, in the car, at the gym, on the plane!
- Make friends with H20. Higher temperatures and more time outdoors leads to internal dehydration. 8 glasses of plain, water every day help maintain critical moisture balance of the body and skin, and assist in detoxification. Tip: If you drink caffeinated beverages, you must triple the amount of water you drink!
- When in doubt, apply (and reapply!). It’s not enough to just apply sunscreen: you must apply enough, and frequently. Studies indicate that most people do not apply nearly as much daylight protection as they should. Re-apply every two hours. Tip: Stay out of the midday sun from mid-morning to late afternoon whenever you can.
- Repair and treat sun damage. UV light causes photoageing in the form of brown spots, coarse skin and wrinkles. When sunlight comes in contact with skin, a cascade of damage results. Bombard your skin with age-fighting ingredients to help undo any damage that may occur, and to further protect it from the aging effects of UV. Super-soothing botanicals and cooling gels can help prevent peeling and reduce redness and inflammation. Apply cooling balms generously over-exposed skin, preferably at the first sight of a pink glow.
Stockists of The Essel Skincare Range, Aesthet, Dermaplex & Humankind Ranges. For all your Facial Therapy Treatments, Microneedling & Laser Hair Removal. Aesthetician: Faheema 083 442 3130 Zayboonisha 083 555 2448
To all our Domestic Divaz readers, best wishes for the New Year.